A new and limited internship opportunity has opened up in the area of Branding, Internet Marketing, and Personal Development with the new Author of Your Own Story brand (www.AuthorOfYourOwnStory.com).
This internship will allow you to work on the ground floor of a start-up organization lead by entrepreneur Doug Holt with a goal of combining the power of the Internet and personal development to help people become the best they can be.
As an intern, you will be working with Doug and his team to launch the platform and create a viral launch sequence to help spread the word.
You will learn the following:
- Harnessing the power of social media
- How to put together a strategic online media campaign
- WordPress Content Management System
- Online Public Relations
- How to target influencers and get them to support our project
- How to outreach to industry leaders
There is no experience necessary as we will teach a qualified intern our systems throughout the one-year internship. Our team meets weekly in person and via video conferencing as many team members work and live all over the world. Interns will also be granted access to work remotely when possible to allow for a more flexible schedule during the internship.
Some of the tasks an intern would perform are:
- Posting To Social Media Sites
- Monitoring Social Media Analytics
- Responding to Inquiries via Social Media and Email
- Designing and Putting together Programs with the Team based on Doug Holt’s 5 Pillars (Body, Mind, Soul, Relationship, and Goal)
- Blog Writing
- Organizing Projects With Other Team Members
- Reaching out to Industry Influencers and Helping to setup Interviews and Meetings
- Qualities needed to succeed: Maintain strong interpersonal, verbal and written Communication Skills
- Possess Initiative and Leadership Potential
- Have a Collaborative Personality
- Possess strong Technical Skills (Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work both Independently as well as in a Group Setting
- To treat this Internship like a Job
- To check your Email daily and be in Communication with the Team
- To be on Time, if not early, for every Meeting or Appointment
- Double check your Work
- Communication – if a deadline, meeting, or task cannot be met in the given time you are expected to let your supervisor know at least 3 days in advance
- Be Proactive – if there is a problem, we expect you to search for the answer and come to us with a number of solutions
- Learn – both inside and outside the internship for growth opportunities
- Attention – to detail and be organized and on task
What we are looking for in an applicant:
- Strong interest in the Marketing Industry
- An interest in Self-Improvement
- A Desire to Learn and Apply new Knowledge
- Possesses effective Problem-Solving Skills
- Someone who is a Self-Starter and has a consistent Work Ethic
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week
This is an educational internship. There will be no monetary compensation. Interns will be allowed to attend bi-monthly meetings with the executive staff; monthly lunch at the University Club with special guests and local business leaders; and will be eligible for a letter of recommendation after successful completion of the internship.
How to Submit an Application: Please include a resume and cover letter, indicating why you want this internship, to firstname.lastname@example.org
When: Applications are currently: OPEN
Next program session: February 2017 (1-year term)
Interns may take approved breaks and work remotely during the internship if pre-approved by their supervisor.