When first starting out in the business world, a lot of people apply for a sales position. Not only do you learn a lot about how to communicate with people, but you also get many opportunities to grow and develop the ability to make money. Even if you’re not a salesperson, these tips can apply to just about anyone in many social situations!
- View each sales approach as an experience. Observe what speech patterns you have that work and don’t work. Adjust accordingly.
- Increase self-awareness. Depending on the person you’re talking to, it’s important to change your topics according to what they want to hear.
- Introduce “changeups” in your sales presentation. If your listeners are constantly tuning out or losing focus, it’s best to change your pace and your speech patterns to reel them back into focus.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat. People have short memories. Introduce an important point at the beginning of your talk and reinforce it throughout the conversation so that they don’t forget it!
- Go beyond expectation in everything you do. This applies not only to sales, but to everything in life. Doing more than necessary will make you stand out to others and it will also make you feel better!