Maintaining a relationship is difficult, which is why many don’t work out in the end. In order to maintain a strong a healthy relationship, both people have to put in a lot of effort.
Some habits that may help include:
- Working on communication. There’s a reason why people say that communication is key! Talking is the best way you can communicate ideas between you and your partner.
- Respecting one another. Respect your partner just as you would like them to respect you. Respect their insecurities and listen their opinions.
- Spending quality time with each other rather than spending more low-quality time together. Yes, in this case, it’s quality over quantity. Those memories are going to be the ones that stand out in the future.
- Spending some time apart. Time and space is also very important for a relationship. Relationships are exhausting and everyone needs some alone‐time.
- Appreciating one another. Appreciate what your partner does for you, a thank you has never hurt anybody.